Mobilous was started in early 2011 by technology professionals who have worked in Hewlett Packard, Yahoo, and Silicon Graphics. One of the promoters – the CEO – has a history of entrepreneurship and has sold his earlier two start-ups to Fortune500 companies.
Headquartered in California, USA, Mobilous Inc. has development teams in India and Japan.
Technology and Value Proposition
AppExe from Mobilous is a fully-automated platform for businesses to design, build, and test Enterprise Mobile Apps on their own, and publish to common App Stores – Android, Apple, Blackberry or to the mobile browser.
1. New-to-the-world cloud service for mobile app building ( Amazon as partner)
2. Zero programming tool
3. Apps made using AppExe are fully cross-platform including HTML5
4. Complete end-to-end cloud-based service from App building to Upload on Appstore, to App hosting to final downloads on mobile devices.
5. Unique Customer console to manage all the services from a single window
Platform is completely Do-It-Yourself (DiY) – no programming knowledge, no technical jargon! All you need to know is how to bring your Business to your audience via a Mobile App and step through a unique process to build and publish the App. Additionally:
• Integration with major social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Salesforce)
• APIs for server integration with enterprise systems
• Frameworks for accessing Enterprise Data
Using a single codebase, a Mobile App built on Mobilous can be downloaded on any smartphone or tablet. With its fully integrated cloud service, Apps on Mobilous platform are hosted so that they can be served and supported without needing any additional hardware or local resource.
The Mobilous Framework redefines the meaning of `native` mobile app, providing device-specific widgets to leverage native capabilities of any specific mobile OS. Get it and build stunning apps for each smart device market. Create and manage unlimited mobile pages with simple yet powerful editing tools.
Designed for the executive who may not be technical, Mobilous enables users to focus on business needs while converting concepts to fully functional mobile apps.
Key value propositions:
• Currently, it costs USD 8000-35000 to build mobile apps for Businesses – very expensive
• There are very few developers available with multi-platform knowledge – scarce knowledge resources
• It is very expensive to have large in-house teams to build Apps for employee-productivity or offer product/service offerings to customers on each major platform - iPhone, Android, Blackberry & WinOS - requires large teams
Mobilous addresses these pain points (of cost, knowledge, resource) very easily. This is needed as most businesses are implementing a mobile strategy with a goal to build Mobile Apps for internal efficiency as well as to evangelize their offerings.
Mobilous has filed for two patents, and has two more in the pipeline.