TiE50 Awards Program
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley’s premier annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of technology startups worldwide. Awards are announced at TiEcon, the world’s largest conference for entrepreneurs. TiE is a global, not-for-profit network of entrepreneurs and professionals dedicated to the advancement of entrepreneurship. TiE provides a platform for mentoring, networking & education, to entrepreneurs with over 14,000 members in 54 chapters across 13 countries.
TiE50 track record since inception in May 2009 shows that 94% of the winners and finalists have been funded, attracting Billions in investments! 42 companies have been acquired, merged or went public. TiE50 awards are announced each year at TiEcon, the world’s largest conference for entrepreneurs. Participating technology startups benefit from a vast ecosystem of venture capitalists, angels, and entrepreneurs. Other participant privileges include significant investor exposure, online virtual showcasing and technology and business partnering/networking.
Since its inception in 1992 in the Silicon Valley by a group of successful entrepreneurs, and corporate executives, the organization grew to be the World’s largest non-profit dedicated to the virtuous cycle of wealth creation, focused on nurturing the next generation of entrepreneurs.
This year, the TiE50 Awards Program is recognizing the top technology startups from the following segments: Internet (including Social Networking), Energy (including Cleantech), Wireless/Mobile, Software (including Cloud Computing), and Life Sciences.
TiE now has a wide range of programs including TiE Angels Group, Special Interest Groups (SIGs), TiE Institute, Deal Flow Meetings, TiE Young Entrepreneurs, and TiE Women’s Forum.
TiE – Philosophical Framework
- Provide positive leadership role models
- Emphasize value creation through informed entrepreneurship
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Display rigorous, intellectually honest behavior
- Pursue a modern, scientific, and forward-looking approach
- Remain socially responsible
- Disdain pettiness, divisiveness, and corruption
- Strive to remain an idea and value-driven organization
TiE50 2011 Winner Presentations:
- Largest pool of intellectual capital anywhere
- TiE Brand is globally synonymous with entrepreneurship
- TiE’s annual conference, TiECon, is regarded as the world’s largest entrepreneurial forum
- Economic wealth creation estimated at $200 billion
- Significant involvement in social entrepreneurship
2011 TiE50 Picture Album