TiE50 awards program incorporates standard multiple regression techniques combined with comprehensive evaluation, screening and judging processes. All processes are designed and validated at various levels to deliver a transparent, robust and fool-proof system.
1. Register your company for TiE50: Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company. Nominating individual must use a website domain email address. Registration can only be done exclusively online on the TiE50 portal www.tie50.org. Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations are automatically confirmed by email. Thousands of companies representing virtually every technology hotbed community worldwide participate each year.
2. Qualification: Companies are first qualified by ensuring that they meet the criteria set for what constitutes a start-up. To qualify, companies must be privately held and less than 7 years old. 7400+ tech start-ups were screened this year.
3. Segment Expert Screening: A team of carefully chosen panel of segment experts with direct domain experience will screen the companies. Scoring is done on each company's IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to select the best-of-breed finalists! The TiE50 finalist are put through another level of final judging to pick the very best TiE50 winners.
4. Registration: There will be fee for participating and attending the conference. Each finalist company will be offered two complimentary passes with full priviledges to the conference. Additional registrations from same company are offered at a 50% discount.
5. Why Participate?
a. A coveted "Winner" or "Top Start-up" (Finalist) recognition.
b. Access to the TiE Inflect 2018 Media Lounge and Tech Press to pitch your story.
c. Exhibit in the Startup Expo at the conference. Booth purchases are subject to availability within the suited domains on first come basis at a special discount.
d. Five-minute video featuring the TiE50 finalist or winner will be uploaded to the website for public viewing.
6. Confidentiality: Judges' identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process will be held confidential. Judges will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. Judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley's strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
7. Validation: Judging process is monitored for time expended and scoring consistencies. Final scores are further validated to eliminate extreme scoring patterns. All qualified judge scores are consolidated for all three parameters and weighted.
8. TiE50 Winners Announcements & Awards Ceremony: TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on our website at 4PM on April 25th, 2018. Awards ceremony will be held in the expo hall at 6:30PM on May 4th, 2018.