TiE50 awards program incorporates standard multiple regression techniques combined with comprehensive evaluation, screening and judging processes. All processes are designed and validated at various levels to deliver a transparent, robust and fool-proof system.
1. Register your company for TiE50 on TheBizPlanner: Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company. Nominating individual must use website domain email address. Please go to the Registration page to follow the steps to apply. Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations are automatically confirmed by email. Thousands of companies representing virtually every technology hotbed community worldwide participate each year.
2. Qualification: Companies are first qualified by ensuring that they meet the criteria set for what constitutes a start-up. To qualify, companies must be privately held and less than 7 years old. 7400+ tech start-ups were screened this year.
3. Judging: A team of carefully chosen panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company's IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to select the best-of-breed finalists! The TiE50 finalist are put through another level of final judging to pick the very best TiE50 winners.
4. Registration: There is a $500 fee for applying to the program. This includes one complimentary passes with full priviledges to the conference. Additional registrations from same company are offered at a 50% discount.
5. Why Participate?
a. A coveted "Winner" or "Top Start-up" (Finalist)
b. Exposure to Venture Capitalists, Corporate Executives, Customers, Employees at TiECon and beyond.
c. Potential opportunity to present in TiE Showcase track in front of investors and others.
d. Access to the TiECon Media Lounge and Tech Press to pitch your story.
e. Exhibit in the Startup Expo at the conference. Booth purchases are subject to availability on first come basis at a discount.
f. Complimentary pass to TiECon full conference.
6. Confidentiality: Judges' identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process will be held confidential. Judges will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. Judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley's strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
7. TiE50 Winners Announcements & Awards Ceremony: TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on website on May 6th. Awards ceremony will be held in the expo hall at 6:30PM on May 10th, 2019.
8. TiE50 Showcase: Ten companies out of the TiE50 winners will be selected to present at the TiE50 showcase track on May 11th afternoon in front of an audience of venture capitalists, angel investors and corporate executives.